Alberta Conference Teacher's Collaboration Site
Using your school account you will have access to our own list of resources. A google Shared Drive will be available to drop materials that you find useful and you can browse to find what other colleagues shared as well.
SDACC - Excellence in Education Awards
Deadline to submit nominations - April 15, 2021
The Process for Nominators
- Eligible nominators must be stakeholders (superintendent, principal, school board member, teacher, pastor, school staff member, parent, student, or church member) and NOT immediate family members of the nominee.
- If the nominee is a teaching principal, the nominator must choose either Teaching or Administrator Award. For Administrator Award nominee must be .50 FTE in administration. All letters of recommendation must support the appropriate award they are being nominated for.
- Before completing the applications, nominators should check with local conference or boarding academy to see if the teacher and/or administrator being considered for nomination fulfills the requirements for the Nominee noted below.
- Nominators must complete the Nomination Form, Letter of Recommendation Form, and a Letter of Recommendation.
- Nominators must find two other stakeholders (one from each of the two other categories), unrelated to the nominee, to complete the Letter of Recommendation Form and write Letters of Recommendation. For example, if the nominator is someone from the School Leadership category (Superintendent, Principal, or School Board Member), the remaining two letters of recommendation must be from each of the remaining categories, one from Colleagues (Teacher, Pastor, or School Staff Member) and one from School Community (Parent, Student, or Church Member).
- Eligible nominees must have a valid Standard, Professional, or Administrator denominational teaching certificate at time of nomination.
- Nominees for the teacher award must have a minimum of one full year teaching experience in the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada school system.
- Nominees for the administrator award must be a principal or vice-principal (.50 FTE in administration) and have a minimum of two years of administrator experience at the current school to be eligible for the administrator award.
- Nominees must be employed at least half time for the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada school system.
- Nominees must not have received an Excellence Award within the last five years. (A list of teachers who have received awards are posted on CAT~net – http://catnet.adventist.ca.)
- An elegantly designed award.
- Cash award: $1,000.00 for teachers and $1,500.00 for administrators.
- The application deadline is April 15th of the current year.
Please promote this important educator recognition opportunity by displaying the enclosed poster in your school. If you would like to receive more posters, please contact Brandy at email@example.com Nomination forms can be found on our website CAT~net – http://catnet.adventist.ca. Please note that we are emailing digital copies of the poster to each church but will NOT be mailing print copies to them. Churches can choose to print their own or include the information in their announcements or bulletin. We are still sending print copies to schools and will send additional copies to the conference offices for them to distribute as they see fit. Superintendents may wish to share some with constituent churches in particular who would like to display a poster.
Online Resources - Schools
Adventist Education - Online Store
You will need your ORG ID number which can be found in eAdventist.
Access to Education Digital Resources begins October 1.
The store will be closed for ordering September 16.
NAD Adventist Educators SLACK
This is a place where you can network with other denominational employed educators across the NAD. Post questions/comments to everyone in the #general channel - or any other channel. Want to connect directly? That's an option, too! Let's start collaborating!
Note: This is a closed group for educators employed by Conference or Unions of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in North America only.
Membership is on an approval-basis only.